"I fear that so many feel that a long-term supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. Begin in a small way…gradually build toward a reasonable objective.” -President Gordon B. Hinckley,

Friday, September 30, 2011

72 Hour kit -6 month check

General Conference is this weekend and that is your reminder to pull out your kits and update them. Things to rotate are the food, water, clothing, and medicine.


Food
The granola bars and other items that you are rotating are perfect treats for children and yourself in between sessions of conference. In my pack there are food items that I don't normally have around the house and I look forward to rotating my kit, so that I may consume them. It's the small things in life that keep me happy.  I also included some baby food jars now that my baby is eating solids.

Water
Replace the water in your kit and make sure that it is not leaking.

Clothing
Now that the weather is starting to get cooler it's a good idea to replace the clothing that is in your kit with winter appropriate attire. Make sure that the clothing fits too.  Every time I change diaper sizes for my girl I check the clothing size in my kit and replace the small size diapers.

Medicine
Check the expiration dates on all medications in your kit. Check the items in your first aid kit to ensure they are not going to expire in the next 6 months.

Also check your car kit too. Many items from there don't tolerate the heat from your trunk and will "go bad" faster.
Remember to place your kit in an easy to access area. My kits are next to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment