"I fear that so many feel that a long-term supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. Begin in a small way…gradually build toward a reasonable objective.” -President Gordon B. Hinckley,

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

72 Hour kit Rotation

General Conference is this weekend and that is your reminder to pull out your kits and update them. Things to rotate are the food, water, clothing, and medicine.


Food- go through your pack and check the expiration dates. Anything that will expire before October should be taken out and replaced. Food items I replaced this time were: granola bars, fruit leather, hard candies, tuna pouches, oatmeal packets, and jerky. I also added toddler friendly snacks and food pouches.  Now I can enjoy watching conference with some additional snacks :)
                                                  Food I added for my 15 month old.

Water- I was using a "milk jug" looking water bottle, but found that it was not sturdy enough and was leaking. I replaced that jug with old juice bottles and they are working a lot better. Use your "old" water to water your plants or fill up the pets water dish. Don't want to waste precious water. 
                                                             Juice bottles for my water

Clothing- Time to take out the winter clothes and put in summer clothing. Make sure that your clothes fit well.  For my child I added two onesies, a light jacket, and a pair of light weight pants. Also every time she changes diaper sizes, I restock the kit.

Medicine- Check all expiration dates on any medication or vitamins you have in your kits. Make sure that nothing will expire before October, when you will update your kit again. Items I added to my kit were prenatal vitamins, children's acetaminophen (Tylenol), and adult acetaminophen,and tums. I personally don't like to take Tylenol, but since I am pregnant, I am limited to that.

Also now that my child is older I added a few new "cheap" toys that she has never played with before. I also keep her diaper bag well stocked with diapers, snacks, and a few toys.


Check your car kits and rotate items from there also.
Remember to place your kit in an easy to access area. My kits are next to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment