"I fear that so many feel that a long-term supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. Begin in a small way…gradually build toward a reasonable objective.” -President Gordon B. Hinckley,

Monday, April 1, 2013

72 hour kits 6 month rotation

General conference is this weekend and that is my reminder to look at my 72 hour kit.

 Food- Here is all the food that needed to be rotated in my kit. I also needed to add baby food back into my kit and change the type of food I had for my toddler.

 Here is the food that is in my kit now. I divided the food up by days in plastic zip top bags.
For the adults- Day 1  Breakfast- Oatmeal
                                   Lunch - Bumble Bee chicken salad with crackers
                                   Dinner- Mountain House Chicken and rice
                                   Snack-  Clif bar, 2 werthers original, jerky
                        Day 2  Breakfast- Oatmeal
                                   Lunch- Bumble Bee tuna salad with crackers
                                   Dinner- Mountain House Beef Stroganoff with noodles
                                   Snack-  Nature Valley Protein Bar, 2 werthers original, jerky
                       Day 3  Breakfast- Oatmeal
                                   Lunch- Bumble Bee tuna salad with crackers
                                   Dinner- Mountain House Chicken with noodles
                                   Snack- Mojo bar, 2 werthers, jerky

The Mountain House are just add water meals and the pouches I bought are a 4 person serving.
For the kids- Toddler- Day 1 Breakfast- Oatmeal
                                               Lunch- Chicken salad with crackers
                                               Dinner- Sharing the adults Chicken and rice
                                               Snacks- Zbar by clif bar, 2 fruit snack pouches
                                     Day 2 Breakfast- Oatmeal
                                               Lunch- Tuna salad with crackers
                                               Dinner- Sharing the adults Beef Stroganoff with noodles
                                               Snack- Austin peanut butter crackers, 2 fruit snack pouches
                                    Day 3 Breakfast- Oatmeal
                                               Lunch- Chicken salad with crackers
                                               Dinner- Sharing the adults Chicken and noodles
                                               Snacks- Zbar, 2 fruit snack pouches
 For the infant I have a variety of jars and pouches of baby food. I am going to replace the jars with all pouches though since they are lighter. I will have a total of 9 pouches of food. He is still nursing also.

Water- I dumped out the "old" water and refilled my bottles with fresh water.
Clothing- I replaced winter clothes with summer clothes and I vacuum sealed them to create more space in my kit. I vacuum sealed the diapers as well.

Medicine- I rotated any OTC medicines that were near expiration. I added infant gas-x, and rotated children pain medicine. I rotated our vitamins as well. Take a look at your first aid kit and ensure that those items are still fresh and sterile.

Entertainment- I rotated the toys that I had for the kids to age appropriate items.

                                I replaced the pocket rocket stove, fuel, and pots and pans for a Jetboil
             The Jet boil is lighter, takes up less room and can boil water faster than the pocket rocket.

As always my diaper bag is stocked with toys, diapers, some food, blankets, and a change of clothes.








No comments:

Post a Comment