"I fear that so many feel that a long-term supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. Begin in a small way…gradually build toward a reasonable objective.” -President Gordon B. Hinckley,

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Plums (Italian Prunes)

A wonderful lady in my church let me pick plums from her tree. My parents had the same type of plum tree in our backyard growing up. I was so excited to be able to have a little bit of my childhood back :)

I picked a 5 gal bucket with the help of the kids.
                                                           I washed them in cool water.

                                                        I cut them in half and removed the pit.

                       I gave them a quick dip in a lemon juice/water bath to help prevent browning.

                                         Then I laid them all pretty like in my dehydrator.

                                                                       Hello gorgeous

With the dehydrator set on 135 degrees and roughly 10 hours later
I had perfectly dried, yet still pliable, plums.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment